提示: 作者被停權或刪除 內容自動封鎖

引用:
原文由 百草丸 於 2011-1-3 14:13 發表
百分之百的折耳猫都有遗传病基因
凝风夕颜 2010-08-26 22:56
“请不要买卖繁育折耳”如同宣传艾滋病防控一样,实在不是一两句话能解释清楚的,大多数人还都不乐意细看。

百分百的折耳猫都有拥有遗传病基因,软骨令耳 ...
我也會...

The Scottish Fold is best known for its distinctive ears, which are folded forward and down, and by its large rounded eyes, which give it a sweet, wide-eyed expression. They are mellow and affectionate cats.

Scottish Folds are found in both longhaired and shorScottish Foldred varieties, in a great number of colours and pattern combinations. The longhaired variety is sometimes referred to as a "Highland Fold".

All of today's Scottish Folds can trace their ancestry to Susie, a white folded-ear cat discovered in 1961 in Scotland. Although the breed was developed in Scotland and England and the first cats were registered in GCCF, using primarily British cats in its development, the breed has yet to be accepted in its home country. The first Scottish Fold cats, originally called "Lop-eared cats", arrived in the United States in 1971. They were accepted for registration in several United States associations in the early 1970s, and the late 1970s had achieved championship status in most North American registries. Longhaired Scottish Folds followed suit in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

Scottish Fold LHMany Scottish Folds have the curious habit of sitting or lying in very strange postures -- on their backs, sitting up in a "Buddha" position, flattening themselves out like little bearskin rugs. Their small, folded ears are unusually expressive, more so than an average cat's "normal" ears. They have soft, chirpy voices they do not use often.

Buyers of these wonderful cats should be aware that some Scottish Folds are prone to problems of hardening cartilige. Show Scottish Folds are taught to accept handling of their tails as judges check for one of the clearer signs of this hardening -- stiffening of the tail. As this problem does not generally show up in young kittens, be sure to discuss this issue with the breeder and what guarantees the breeder will make against this condition in the future. Reputable breeders will breed only fold-ear to straight-ear to guard against this problem. Be concerned about any breeders who are breeding fold-ear to fold-ear. Scottish Folds may still use British Shorthairs and American Shorthairs as allowable outcrosses.

Interesting fact: Not all Scottish Fold kittens will have folded ears. All Scottish Fold kittens are born with straight ears. It isn't until the kitten is about three weeks old that a breeder will begin to know which kittens will have folded ears and which will not. There are degrees of folding, too -- usually described as a single, double, or triple fold. A single fold is generally a "loose" fold and isn't show quality. The most desirable fold is a triple fold, which is tight to the head. Owners of tightly-folded Scottish Folds need to check their insides of their cats' ears frequently, as they can become dirty over time.However, straight-eared Scottish Folds are sought after in breeding programs and still make wonderful pets.

In the Australian Cat Federation, the straight-eared Scottish Fold is accepted as its own breed, the Scottish Shorthair.

BooBoo, staff member of the FBRL, is a brown classic tabby Scottish Fold and Grand Premier in CFA.

Photo © Chanan

Associations: The Scottish Fold is accepted by all major North American cat registries and the Australian Cat Federation.

原文出處:http://www.breedlist.com/scottish-fold-breeders.html

我懶得幫您翻譯了~麻煩您自己翻譯來看吧
下方還有CFA跟TICA認可的折耳貓社...

還有 這是最新的~~~~2010年的CFA折耳貓會員介紹,此會員為醫生

This is the homesite of Amber Snow Cattery, Scottish folds.  I have been a Scottish fold breeder since my first year of medical school in 1994.  I am now a full time physician and show these lovely cats!  I pride myself on healthy, sweet kittens.  I have had many Grand Champions, Regional Winners and Breed Winners, however the greatest joy I have comes not from winning.  . .but from loving these gorgeous and unique creatures!  Mesmerizing, aren't they?

I am located in Georgia and have Scottish fold kittens for sale at various times throughout the year for both show and pet in most all colors, short or longhair.  I also use British Shorthairs in my lines and may occasionally have a few British Shorthair kittens as well!

I show mainly in the Cat Fancier's Association.  I'm a voting member of the 2010 CFA Breed Council for both British Shorthair and Scottish Fold breeds and am the CFA BC Secretary for Scottish folds for the duration of 1/1/2009-12/31/2010.  I'm also a member of the International Scottish Fold Association.

The Scottish fold is a medium cat with a rounded, well-padded body and a short, dense, and resilient coat. It has large, round, broadly spaced eyes full of sweetness; well-rounded whisker pads and a short nose with a gentle curve in profile.

The following is general information on the Scottish fold breed and was written by one of the first American Scottish Fold breeders and well-respected cat show judge, Kitty Angel. . .

In 1961 a shepherd by the name of William Ross spotted the first known Scottish Fold cat at a farm near Coupar Angus in the Tayside Region of Scotland, Northwest of Dundee. Ross asked the owners if he could have one of the kittens, and proceeded to develop the breed from the original, Susie, a white barn cat. The unique thing about this cat was that her ears folded forward and downward on her head. The resulting look gave the impression of a ?pixie?, ?owl?, or ?teddy bear? that has captured the hearts of many American cat fanciers and judges. The Scottish Fold was granted championship status by The Cat Fanciers? Association (CFA) in 1978.

Scottish Fold kittens are born with straight ears. At about three to four weeks of age, their ears fold...or they don?t! It is usually around eleven to twelve weeks of age that the breeder can determine the quality (pet, breeder or show). Presently, only folded ear cats of Scottish lineage are permitted in the show ring, and naturally, every breeder wants to produce show cats. The straight ear progeny of Scottish Folds, nevertheless, are invaluable to the breeding program.

Due to the rarity of the Fold, AND due to the fact that not every kitten born has folded ears, it is very hard for the supply to keep up with the demand.

Scottish Folds are hardy cats, much like their barnyard ancestors. Their disposition matches their sweet expression. They have tiny voices and are not extremely vocal. They adore human companionship and display this in their own quiet way.  Scottish Folds adapt to almost any home situation and are as comfortable in a room full of noisy children and dogs as they are in a single person?s dwelling. They don?t usually panic at shows or in strange hotel rooms, and they adjust to other animals extremely well.
Text: Kitty Angel

As you can see, Scottish folds have been a rewarding part of my life.  Please take a moment to check out my show kitties on my "Scottish Stars" page as well as Scottish fold kittens available for adoption on my "Kittens available" page!

Marilee Griswold, M. D.
Amber Snow Cattery

原文出處:http://www.ambersnowcattery.com/

這個網頁下面還有兩個連結...
建議你也可以點看看是什麼...(純種貓品種貓救援...好玩吧^^"!!)

[ 本文最後由 t587756 於 2011-1-3 14:33 編輯 ]

引用:
原文由 t587756 於 2011-1-3 14:03 發表

是呀~人家早就發怖澄清...就是有人還在無知的轉貼舊文阿....
不知道大家在轉貼文章的同時,有沒有把文章全部看完呢...
一堆反折耳貓文章的內文~~確實是有一直在說英美禁止繁殖...
但其實你辜狗一下...就會知道,美國、 ...
第1.香港.新加坡=鼻屎大而已!
第2.好大的膽子!什麼事情可以說百分百阿![愛因斯坦發明相對論]~哪個傢伙發明絕對論!ㄨㄨ丸!
3.人類也是近親繁殖!亞當+夏娃繁殖出來的有沒有近親!
凡活體都有缺陷.若無...你就長生不老了!
聽不懂~就當開玩笑吧!  不和你這無理取鬧的小朋友喇賽了!  再喇下去我就跟你一樣了!

發新主題